Teraz jest 19 paź 2018, o 11:27

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1

Autor Wiadomość
PostNapisane: 13 cze 2016, o 11:42 
Site Admin

Big thanks to the POWERSLIDE brand for sharing skates for tests !

Useful links:
http://www.powerslide.com/en/
http://powerslide.com/en/products/inlin ... ine-skates
https://www.facebook.com/powerslideworld/?fref=ts
http://bladeville.pl/p/rolki-1/powersli ... 16OESiLTIU

This time I am pleased to describe the top Powerslide skate model designed for freeskate.
Powerslide, following current market trends, has joined the group of urban skates manufacturers, that combine plastic shells with soft boots. As a result of this combination we received a neat construction, which design recalls of skates like USD Carbon or some of skates made to slalom.
In this model producers decided to use an SSM frame mounting system, which makes this skate much more versatile and it allows to use in it most of available on the market frames ? from the shortest for freestyle slalom to longer ones, that can be used with bigger wheels (which will transform Ultron boot into a fitness skate).
Obrazek

DESIGN
In this skate it?s really evident, that designers drew the inspiration from other Powerslide models. Personally, it reminds me of such models as USD Carbon or Carbon Free, made in similar technology with one difference ? here we have an another frame mounting system.
All of boot?s elements are deliberately matched and they?re all fitting together well.
The only thing I can?t fully accept is color scheme. If I was in producers shoes, in case of this and only this model, I wouldn?t use so bold, intense colors ? I would have preferred something much more subdued (probably I?d choose a classic black or grey). I realize, that on the market there were and are many white skates, that sell well, but in combination with intense red? The skate?s appearance is truly eye-catching, that?s for sure. I have no idea what was designers goal in this. As is known, everyone has their own sense of esthetics and it?s hard to fit everyone?s taste. Ultrons are just like Jordan Air shoes ? unique, always eye-catching.
The frame used in the skate is tried-and-true Beta, painted blinding white for the purposes of this setup. In addition to this, it has equally white wheels. The entirety of those skates makes a big impression after opening the box with them inside.
Manufacturers used here a protective slider pad on the outer side of skate, which in this type of skates is a standard already. The only things missing are elements, that would protect the inside part of the skate or a toe. It?s just a detail possible to improve.
In this model there?s a completely new cuff. A bit fancy, cut on the sides, with protruding elements (that makes the skate wider in this space, but also it has it?s practical purpose ? it gives the cuff a greater stiffness). And, as befits the top model, all elements, including a cuff and fastenings, can be unscrewed an replaced in an easy way.
Upper plastic buckle was already used in other Powerslide?s models and doesn?t distinguish itself with anything particular, maybe except the fact, that buckle?s strap is long and flexible.
Bottom fastener is a Velcro, fully removable. It?s a bit narrow, although it?s made of stiff material, that fulfills its function completely.
Praiseworthy is a small detail that Velcro?s loop is equipped with. It?s a piece of rounded metal strip, that makes strap?s drawing and fastening easier.
Of course, the whole fastening system is completed with classic laces. On both sides of the boot we have nine lace holes available. Only the last three of them were equipped with increasing a wear-resistance metal eyelets. However, holes without eyelets show no signs of damage yet.
Obrazek

BOOT?S INTERIOR
Of course we have here a liner integrated with a plastic shell. Disadvantage of this element is the fact, that we can never replace it with a new one. On the plus side, it positively influences on fitting to the foot and skate?s weight reduction.
Boot?s pot life will mostly depend on user?s hygiene and proper usage (boot?s shoelaces require tying up). Furthermore, it depends on used material?s quality. And this is what manufacturer has fulfilled perfectly.
Inside materials are perfectly mated. Sponges are flexible ? not too soft, not too hard, well contoured. Fabric itself is nicely smooth, makes an impression of being expensive.
I use this skates alternately with Seba?s SX for two moths already and they show no signs of wear. That?s something I cannot say about Seba?s? However, I?ll write more about it in SX?s review.
Inside the boot nothing rubs the foot or causes discomfort. I was worried about my heels at first, because in their area they used a thin sponge and you can feel a plastic, but during the ride it doesn?t bother at all.
Unfortunately, boot isn?t equipped with shock absorber ? we have here only a standard insole with a two different thicknesses sponge.
Inserting a foot into the skate is very easy because of the shaped notch in the back of the cuff and the softener, more flexible fabric used in this area.
Obrazek

FRAMES
As I wrote before, the producer decided to use here a well-known Betas. They are reliable frames equipped with reinforcement bridges. Wheels are mounted here on one-sided aluminum axles with Torx heads.
The mounting system is also worth mentioning. It is an SSM, enhanced with X-slot system. Technically, it means only that we can move frames along the boot on two X-shaped axles, perpendicular to each other, what allows us some room for maneuver. For me personally this is completely unnecessary and it irritates me a bit when I shift frames and have to set them perfectly in the center of the boot.
Aluminum strips melted in plastic material of the boot were made solidly. Movable screws are placed on the inside part of the boot and there?s no easy access to them, what means, that they won?t fall out of a boot during a disassembly of a frame.
Obrazek

WHEELS
Along with skates we receive standard Spinner wheels. There?s no tragedy here. 85A thickness, as written on the wheel, is reflected in the reality too. When the lacquered, glossy wheel coating rubs out, we get wheels with quite good grip, proper for pleasant slide.
I won?t expatiate on bearings. I used those skates during all sorts of weather conditions, so bearings might not spin so properly. Even though, they still cope.
Obrazek

SKATING EXPERIENCE
What you can feel from the minute you put on this skates is the lightweight. And it?s not just a feeling. For the comparison, 43 size carbon Seba SX?s is much heavier than 44 size Powerslide Ultron?s.
The Lightweight effect is additionally enhanced by an excellent foot support. The skate is narrow, especially in the front, and tightly flattened. In the back a heel slightly moves up ? this area is nicely profiled, though It would cause no harm, if some more sponge was in there.
The upper part of the skate is completely different ? sponge liner and a cuff are wide. A leg can freely move in each direction. It takes some time to become accustomed to that.
The loose in the upper part of Ultron?s can be ?mastered? with tying shoelaces up to the last eyelet. Buckle regulation itself won?t bring the intended effect. Firstly, the cuff has a too big diameter and it?s too stiff. Secondly, cuff?s ?wings? are too long and they overlap and block each other. You can simply remedy this by cut off and reduce cuff "wing" on its outer side. This will enable tighter fastening of buckles on cuffs.
Skating in such light, well-fitting in the bottom and loose in the upper part boot turned out to be quite pleasant. One of my friends compared riding in Ultron?s to riding in hockey scatters. That perfectly reflects this experience.
Lightweight and well-fitting in bottom gives you a great reliability when you push off the ground ? energy loss is minimal compared to boots with removable liner. You can control this skate with great precision.
The loose in the upper part of the boot bothers at first. Although we won?t experience here a ?bending leg? effect ? the cuff is stiff enough to cope with holding a leg sufficiently enough. This unhindered movement in the upper part even helps you freely speed up and push off while you?re skating fast and straight. In the original setup 4x80 mm this boot?s quality performs at least well, you won?t experience here any pinching or abrasion.
Only after I?ve mounted frames with 4x90 mm wheels some difficulties occurred. In the beginning it proceeded as well as with 80 mm, but with each new hour the pain on the inner side of feet (under ankles) intensified. This particular part of a skate, where an edge of boot?s shell is located, normally is isolated from a foot with a thick layer of a sponge, what makes it imperceptible. During the ride on the higher frame, when I was putting larger strength in pushing backs and was controlling driving at higher speed, leg?s inclination became excessive and caused the pressure. In this case there would be definitely useful a bigger support for foot in the upper part of the skate. I haven?t cut down or deform my cuffs, I wanted to test skates in their original setup, but I think the problem I described is solvable. I might add, that after I went back to skate?s original setup the problem disappeared entirely.

In conclusion, the skate visually looks gorgeous. A moot point for many might be the color, that technologically and qualitatively is first class, though there are some small weaknesses, like the way leather was finished ? it slightly folds on the connection with plastic part of boot?s underside. I am aware that it can irritate some of you, that?s why I?m mentioning this ? personally it hasn?t bothered me at all.
As for a completely new construction this skate performed pretty good, though it had some disadvantages, which I pointed. If you don?t mind the mounting system, it might become a strong competitor for Sebas SX and for incoming Seba SX2 model (without carbon) for sure. Also Rollerblade Metroblade might be feeling threatened. Anyway, the biggest dilemma is facing a potential buyer, but I hope, that with my short review I made your decision easier.

Other photos

Obrazek
Cuff

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek

Obrazek